The presence of eye bags usually indicates an accumulation of fluid surrounding the eyes and it usually is dark in color. The skin sags under the eyes and this makes them look puffy and hence the name of eye bags.
It usually is caused by these following factors:
- Stress is one of the factors.
- Lack of sleep usually causes the eyes to have a sunken effect hence it would look as if the eyes are drooping.
- Blunt force or trauma can also be a leading factor why this usually happens.
- When a person is crying the whole night, they would usually end up having eye bags the next day.
Home Remedies To Reduce Eye Bags And Puffiness
There are methods that you can do and observe to reduce eye puffiness. Finding means to relieve and relax the eyes is likely to lower the chances of having eye bags.
- Using cucumber slices to cure puffy eyes. Take a cucumber; place it in a cool compartment. Once it has cooled, slice them in huge chunk of circles and place them over your eyes for 15 to 30 minutes. The coolness and the property of the cucumber to absorb liquid will leave your eyes looking fresh and relieved.
- You may also use apple slices as you would with a cucumber.
- Placing cold and hot compress alternately over the eyes will help reduce under eye swelling.
- Getting enough sleep and good rest is very essential.
If you would like to opt for the invasive method, there is a surgical procedure to reduce eye bags.
Natural Ways To Prevent Eye Bags
Precautionary measures may be taken to avoid having to experience puffy eye bags. Some people would resort to the most invasive procedure and others will just have to do with these home remedies.
- Eating a healthy diet would decrease the chances of skin from sagging and looking old.
- Getting a good rest and sleep allows your eyes to relax thus relieving it from stress and preventing puffy eyes.
- Avoid straining your eyes like reading a book with poor background light, looking in front of a computer screen for a long period, and watching television at a close distance.
- When your eyes have been stressed out, avoid taking a bath right after.
- Do some ocular exercises to enhance and improve the dexterity of your eye muscles and at the same time provide relaxation and improve blood circulation in the area.