Pink eye / conjunctivitis is an extremely common and contagious eye disorder. Conjunctivitis is irritation/infection of the conjunctiva and spreads through contact with the secretions.
Early Symptoms Of Pink Eye
The following are the beginning symptoms of the ailment:
- The first symptom is invariably a redness of the eye
- Then, there occurs, lachrymation or watering of the eye, and / or discharge from the eye with crust formation
- Puffiness around the eyelids appears next
- People complain of a sensation of a foreign body in the eye
First Signs Of Pink Eye
- Pricking pain
- Itchiness of the eyelids
- A slight burning / stinging pain
- Photophobia or extreme sensitivity to light
Home Treatment For Pink Eye
Pink eye lasts for about 7 days.Most people do not notice the symptoms until 24 to 72 hours after the infection has set in. It is prudent to treat the very first sign.
- Use a warm soft, muslin cloth as a compress, to lessen the pain and discomfort and to clean the discharge.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning the eye and dispose the cloth or cotton swab properly.
- Protect the eye from extreme light.
- Wash the eyes several times a day.
- Instilling a drop of honey in the eye, hastens cure. Honey is a wonderful infection fighter and clears up the pink eye speedily.
- Take utmost precaution to prevent a spread of the infection to the other eye, as well as to other people.