Verbena Essential Oil Benefits
The following are the benefits one can get from the essential oils of verbena:
- has restorative effects
- has calming effects
- relieves nervous fatigue
- relieves stress and tension
- promotes digestion
- treats insomnia and other related sleep disorders
- cures anxiety and other forms of mental stress
- reduces fever
- helps in soothing symptoms of asthma
- stimulates stamina on women especially during delivery
- uplifts mood
- The verbena essential oil properties are also proven to have calming effects and are very sweet-scented, which is why it is used as air freshener, perfume, and other commercial purposes.
How to Use Verbena Essential Oil
- Mix three drops of verbena essential oil and 3 drops of lavender oil to the diffuser before retiring to bed. Turn the lights off.
- It can also be used as a room freshener by putting 10 drops of verbena essential oil to 2 ounces of distilled water. Put the liquid in a spray bottle to refresh your room with its woody and floral fragrance.
- The said mixture can also be sprayed on bed sheets, pillows, and curtains to get rid of mildew, dusty smell, and stale smell that may have developed in them.
- Put a steaming hot water into a bowl or basin then add 2 to 3 drops of verbena oil to it. Inhale the vapor. You can drape a towel over your head to catch the steam with the essences.
- For bathing, add 4 to 6 drops of pure verbena essential oils to a tub of hot water with milk or you can add a teaspoon of any carrier oil together with the verbena essential oil for your skin’s protection.