Sassafras Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Sassafras essential oil can be used as a blood thinner and blood purifier when its root bark is prepared as a tea.
- The oil made out of sassafras is proven effective in treating kidney problems, arthritis, gout, menstrual cramps and the symptoms associated with it, rheumatism, skin eruptions, flu, and colds.
- It can also be used in treating gastrointestinal problems.
- It is also known to treat high blood pressure when taken regularly in tea form due to its diuretic properties.
- Another beneficial sassafras oil uses is for flushing out harmful toxins from the body.
- Sassafras essential oil extracted from the root bark is also used in dentistry for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Sassafras is also an effective painkiller.
- It also has anti-parasitic properties and when applied externally can be effective in controlling lice and insect bites.
Sassafras Essential Oils Uses
- Treats and prevents bronchitis and other lung problems
- Treats syphilis
- Treats typhus, acne, eczema, psoriasis, dropsy
- It can also be used as stimulant when taken as herbal tea.
- Treats a majority of skin diseases when the oil is applied topically
- Sassafras essential oil is also used for seasoning and for thickening soups.
- Sassafras can also be used as a condiment when made into a sugary paste.
- One way on how to make sassafras oil is by mixing ¼ cup of carrier oil and 10 drops of sassafras oil. Mix well and transfer into a dark bottle.