Pine essential oil has numerous health benefits; it is one of the most important essential oils used in aroma therapy. Pine essential oil blends with most other essential oils such as juniper, rosemary, cedarwood etc.
Pine essential oil is obtained from pine tree.
Benefits Of Pine Essential Oil
The health benefits of pine essential oils are as follows:
- Skin: it is most important in treating psoriasis, sores, ticks and fleas.
- Used in cosmetics due to its sweet aroma. It is used to remove lice from the hairs. Therefore it is mixed in soaps and oils to kill the lice.
- Arthritis and joint pains are relieved by massaging pine essential oil with base oil mixed in it.
- The emotional benefits of pine oil are plenty. It relieves stress and strain. Pine essential oil is a refreshing mood elevator. Anxious and nervous people should always use pine essential oil to get good relief from their problems.
- Infections are cured by using pine essential oil, it has anti- bacterial properties and therefore it is used in several infections, such as UTI etc.
- Pine essential oil is used to treat boils, cuts and bruises due to its antibacterial properties.
- Coughs and colds get better from inhaling pine essential oil.
Pine Essential Oil Properties
- Pine essential oil should not be consumed internally as it is dangerous to health.
- As it may cause irritation to the skin, pine essential oil should be diluted in carrier oil such as almond or olive oil.
- Cones, twigs and needles are used to extract oil from pine tree. The oil is extracted by distillation method.