Onion Essential Oil Benefits
Onion essential oil is commonly used in the food industry or as a potent ingredient in foods and recipes prepared at home. Onion is high in vitamins A, B, and C but is not used for aromatherapy due to its pungent smell. Nonetheless, it is widely used in pharmaceutical formulas to treat minor respiratory illnesses.
How to Make Onion Oil
- Get 100g thinly sliced onion, 50g of thinly chopped spring onion, and a cup of carrier oil, preferably sunflower oil.
- Put all the ingredients in a wok.
- Set the fire at low-medium heat.
- Wait until the spring onion turns dark and dull then take the wok from the stove.
- Get a strainer and strain the onion oil into a bowl.
- Leave it to cool down then transfer the oil into a glass bottle.
- For commercial purposes, the bulbs are steam distilled to produce the onion oil.
Onion Oil Benefits
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps in fighting off common cold and influenza
- Enhances circulation
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Repairs glandular imbalance
- Treats skin complexion problems
- Repairs muscles.
- Is rich in vitamins and minerals which can be obtained if used for cooking and culinary purposes
- Treats high blood pressure by taking 2 to 3 tablespoons a day
- Lowers blood sugar by increasing the amount of insulin in the body
- Onion oil for hair regrow is also proven effective. Just apply onion on scalp twice a week for two months.