Nutmeg essential oil is produced from distillation of steam of a ground nutmeg. Scientifically named Myristica fragrans, the tree is also known as mace, muscdire, myristica, nuez moscada, and magic. The nutmeg tree grows very tall and as tall as seventy feet. It has small, yellow, flowers, and fruits shaped like a small peach.
Nutmeg Essential Oil Properties
There are numerous nutmeg essential oil properties known. These properties include the warm and spicy aroma given off by the oil. It also has a sedative property and is capable for removing toxins from the liver.It is antibacterial and antiseptic in nature; hence, they are used in making toothpastes, soaps, and cosmetics. Other properties include being analgesic, digestive, an aphrodisiac, stimulant, tonic, and anti-oxidant.
Nutmeg Essential Oil Uses
Like any other essential oil, it has many uses and benefits. One of the many nutmeg essential oil benefits is its being a brain tonic. It stimulates the brain and therefore relives mental fatigue and stress. It is also believed that it improves the quality of your dreams. Other benefits are as follows:
- Used for culinary purposes
- Used in incense sticks due to its woody fragrance
- Popular flavoring agent
- Used in manufacturing soaps, cosmetics, air freshener, and tobacco
Other nutmeg essential oil uses and benefits are as follows:
- Enhances concentration and overall efficiency at work or study
- Good pain reliever.
- For menstrual irregularities and cramps
- Good for digestion and encourages appetite
- Increases blood circulation
- Used for respiratory problems
- Removes bad breath
- Ability to treat liver disease.