Published October 18, 2010 by Nick
Essential Oils for Sore, Aching Muscles
- Before taking a shower, get a face towel or a clean piece of cloth. Put three drops of essential oils then rub it all over your body then shower the way you normally would.
- After taking a shower, get 20ml of almond oil and mix it with 9 drops of rosemary or lavender oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour some of the mixture into your palm and massage your body with the oil starting from your legs, up to your arms using a circular motion upward towards your heart. Use also the mixture to massage your stomach and shoulder muscles.
- You can also mix 6 drops of lavender oil and 6 drops of eucalyptus oil. Mix thoroughly then apply on sore muscles to effectively relieve muscle tension and stiffness.
- Apply essential oils for relaxing muscle pain before engaging in any sports or strenuous activities by warming a few drops of eucalyptus oil mixed with almond oil. Apply on aching muscles to relive the pain and to prevent it from coming back after your activity.
- Rub your body with your choice of essential oil then fill your tub with water. Immerse your body in the tub to ease your aching muscles.
Aromatherapy Essential Oils for Sore Muscles
- Black pepper oil
- Camphor oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Rosemary oil
- Oil of fennel
- Peppermint essential oil
- Agrimony oil
- Wintergreen oil
- Devil’s claw
- Cumin oil