Rosacea and Essential Oils
The following are essential oils for rosacea and their effects:
- German chamomile. This essential oil is proven to have a calming and soothing effect on the skin and could facilitate tissue regeneration and ultimate healing from fungal and bacterial infection. It also has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-allergenic properties that speeds up the healing process.
- Neroli. One of the natural oils for rosacea treatment due to its capacity to balance dry and oily skin conditions. Neroli is even more effective when blended with other essential oils.
- Helichrysum. One of the most effective essential oils due to its antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. When blended with German chamomile, helichrysum can soothe skin irritations and rashes and can also make bruises disappear overnight.
- Lavender. This is widely known for its anti fungal, antiviral, and anti-bacterial properties known to cure various skin problems including rosacea and acne.
- Rock Rose. Rose offers soothing relief against breakouts and skin infections especially when combined with other essential oils.
Essential Oils for Rosacea Treatment
- Clary sage
- Tea tree oil
Safety Tips When Using Essential Oils:
- Always dilute essential oils before applying on skin. Make sure you mix your preferred essential use with 1% carrier oil to avoid irritation especially when applying it on sensitive skin type.
- Only purchase your essential oils from reliable suppliers since using impure essential oils could harm your skin.