Some of the best essential oils for insomnia treatment are:
- German and roman chamomile.
- Clary sage.
Essential Oils For Good And Sound Sleep
- Massage 3 to 5 drops of lavender on the base of your neck or on the lower part of your spine. Massage another 1 to 2 drops of lavender on the soles of your feet and get yourself to bed. Cup your hands over your mouth and nose then inhale the aroma on your palm.
- You can also use vaporizer or diffuser to fill your room with the scent of lavender or any essential oils for insomnia treatment.
- Pick an essential oil of your choice then fill your tub with warm water. Place 5 to 10 drops of essential oil to the tub for adult use. For children, 3 to 5 drops of essential oil will do while a drop of gentle essential oil such as chamomile can be used on children below two years old. Immerse yourself in the tub for 15 minutes for best results. Do not apply essential oils to infants.
- Drop some drops of one of the above essential oils on your face towel or handkerchief and place it over nose before retiring to bed.
- You can also drop a few essential oil such as jasmine, clary sage, rose, or any other aroma of your choice on your pillows, bed sheets and blankets.
- Get your preferred essential oil and rub it at the back of your neck, your spine, temples, and wrists before sleeping.