High Blood Pressure Treatment with Essential Oils
The following are effective essential oils for high blood pressure treatment:
- Clary sage
Aromatherapy Oils for High BP
- Air freshening
- Hair care treatment
- Foot and hand baths
- Sitz bath
- Steam inhalations
- Skin care
Tips When Using Essential Oils for High Blood Pressure Treatment
- Hyssop, sage, rosemary, and thyme should not be used in treating high blood pressure as they have effects that could potentially worsen the condition.
- If you are suffering from any serious medical condition, consult your physician first before applying any essential oils.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor or homeopathy expert before using any essential oils to prevent complications and miscarriage.
- Be sure to dilute any essential oils before directly applying them on skin to prevent burns or allergic reaction especially for those who have sensitive skin.
- You should also watch your diet to enhance the effects of essential oils.
- Avoid eating foods that are rich in saturated fats from animal sources, refined vegetable oils, and artificially hardened vegetable oils such as margarine.
- Take extra precautions when administering essential oils to the elderly.
- Some essential oils are banned or prohibited due to effects that are proven to harm the body so use only those that are prescribed or advised by experts.