The following are proven effective essential oils for arthritis:
- Birch essential oil.
- Black pepper.
- Pine, fir, spruce.
Essential Oils For Arthritis Pain Relief
- Some essential oils can be directly applied to the skin or affected area. However, there are certain essential oils that need to be diluted in order to protect the skin especially those that are sensitive. To ensure safe application of essential oils, consult a homeopathic or aromatherapy expert.
- For safer essential oils application, dilute essential oils with extra virgin oil or other pure fatty oil base to a 1:1 ratio.
- You can massage the affected body part such as your hands, joints, limbs, and other body areas with essential oils for quick relief from arthritis.
- Essential oils are also effective when added to bathwater. For every bath, add 2 handful of Epsom salt and a handful of rock salt then 4 drops of fennel, juniper, and cypress essential oils. Use this mixture every day for bathing for not more than two weeks. Do not use any other bath treatment, even other essential oils while using this treatment.
- After two weeks, you can use different essential oils to massage various body parts. Be sure to try applying a small amount of essential oil on your hand to check for any allergic reaction or for any sign of skin irritation.