Cucumber Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Cucumber essential oil is a very good source of vitamin C, linoleic or omega 6, fatty acid. It also contains significant amounts of palmitic fatty acids and oleic, which is suitable for making age-defying beauty products, lotions, and soaps.
Benefits of Cucumber Oil
- Cucumber essential oil when combined with a carrier oil such as olive oil is perfect for moisturizing the skin and for deep skin cleansing.
- Cucumber essential oil has cooling effects and can treat skin problems effectively such as acne, blackheads, boils, eruptions, and eye puffiness.
- Detoxifies the skin due to its proteolytic enzymes, vitamin B1, and C content
- You can also take cucumber essential oil recipe every day for a radiant skin such as eating it in its raw form or as a main ingredient in salads.
- Hydrates and moisturize facial skin due to its high water and vitamin C content
- Relieves stress when used for body massage
- It offers cooling effect during hot weather when applied on temples of the face and side nodes.
Uses of Cucumber Oil
- Moisturizing soap
- Massage oil
- Facial masks
- Skin nourishing creams
- Combine a few drops of cucumber essential oil and lavender oil to sandal wood paste. Mix well then apply on your face for 20 minutes.
- Mix cucumber essential oil with a few drops of olive oil and use it as a body massage.
- There are several ways on how to make cucumber oil but the most effective way of benefiting from its essential nutrients is by taking them in raw form.