There are 2 kinds of Birch, the White Birch, scientifically called the Betula Pendula, and the Sweet Birch, scientific called the Betula Lenta.
The chief components of Birch Essential Oil are: Methyl Salicylate, Salicylic Acid, Betulenol and
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Benefits
- Birch Oil is a stimulant. It stimulates digestive system, nervous system, excretory system and the circulatory system. The oil also has a beneficial action on the hormones of the body.
- It is useful in ameliorating pains of muscles, and joints. It is a powerful anti-spasmodic and soothes cramps.
- Birch is an effective anti-septic and disinfectant. It protects the skin from fungal and bacterial infections.
- Birch essential oil is used in the management of arthritic pains. It helps alleviate edema, swelling, pain and stiffness.
Benefits Of White Birch Essential Oil
- Birch is a brilliant detox agent and helps purge out built up toxins from the body.
- For years, Birch has been used as a skin care product. It efficiently decreases wrinkle formation and sagging of the skin. It softens the skin and helps repeal the signs of aging.
- It removes toxins from blood through increased perspiration and urination.
- Birch oil is useful for fevers. It acts as a febrifuge and reduces body temperature by causing sweating.
- Birch oil instills a feeling of warmth, strength and liveliness.
Safety Guidelines For Birch Essential Oil
Never use the oil undiluted. Do not take internally. Keep away from children. The oil is contra-indicated in individuals with epilepsy or seizures. Conduct a skin-patch test before using the oil on your skin.