The bay tree belongs to the West Indies, Guianas and Venezuela. Reaching about 30 feet in height, this bears elongated and aromatic leaves, tiny yellow-white flowers and dark brown berries.
Bay leaves are picked from those trees that are at least 5 years old. The leaves are then exposed to steam distillation for essential oil extraction.
Bay Essential Oil For Hair
- Bay oil has a highly beneficial effect on the scalp. It appreciably improves the health of the scalp and the texture of the hair. Predominantly, the oil helps improve hair growth and reduce hair fall and hair breakage.
- It is considered a hair tonic.
- It also fights dandruff and scalp infections effectively. Bay oil improves blood circulation to the scalp and proffers remarkable hair growth.
Blend bay oil with almond or wheat germ oil and massage in to the scalp, once a week for effective results.
Gain Healthy Hair and Skin with Tamanu Oil
Bay Essential Oil Properties
Bay oil has a fresh, sweet and spicy aroma. The color of the oil is deep yellow with a relatively watery viscosity.
The healing properties of bay oil are; antibiotic, anti-septic, insecticide, analgesic, antispasmodic, anti-neuralgic, aperitif, tonic, emmenagogue, astringent, febrifuge, cholagogue, stomachic, sedative, and sudorific.
Health Benefits Of Bay Leaf Oil
- Bay oil has a potent action on the respiratory system; it fights cold, cough and infections. It also peps up the working of the digestive tract, relieves stomach ache and eliminates wind.
- Emotionally, the oil is warming and strengthening. It promotes self-confidence, poise and insight.
- Bay oil blends well with lavender, rosemary, ylang-ylang, ginger, geranium, coriander, eucalyptus and orange essential oils.