Testosterone is the principal hormone in male which is required for production of sperms. Testosterone is also responsible for development of secondary sexual characteristics, such as facial hairs, pubic hairs, sex organs, change in the voice, development of muscle mass and bone etc.
The level of testosterone starts increasing as you reach puberty; it is at its peak in your twenties.
Benefits Of Testosterone
High level of testosterone appears to promote good health in men, for example lowering the risk of high blood pressure and heart attack.
However with growing age, the production of testosterone in your testes decreases and that can create problem in man.Besides aging, there are other factors which are also responsible for low testosterone level. These include stress, poor physical activity, obesity, smoking and drinking habits, un-descended testes, pituitary disorder, and certain medicines.
The important symptoms of low testosterone is poor erection or poor sex drive, obesity, depressed mood, fatigue, thin hairs, sleep disturbance, and slight breast enlargement.
There are many ways to increase the level of testosterone; pills, gels, patches, injection etc. but they can have many side effects such as high cholesterol, acne, liver damage etc. In such a case natural testosterone boosters can replenish the low level.
Natural Testosterone Boosters
Following are the natural testosterone boosters:
- Reduce your obesity and your belly fat; it is known to increase the estrogen level that suppresses the testosterone production. Regular exercise will help reduce your weight and belly fat and boost your testosterone production. Squats, bench press, dips and lunges are useful for boosting testosterone naturally.
- If you start to raise your testosterone level in early 20’s and 30’s, it will be help you to maintain it later on as you age. Start exercising early in your life.
- As it is important for you to exercise and do work hard, it is also necessary to take sufficient rest and sleep. At least eight hours sleep is a must.
- Performing regular sex is a natural way to boost the testosterone production. Additionally it also burns some calories.
- Alcohol prevents testosterone production from the testes, and increases its breakdown from the blood. Therefore restrict drinking alcohol.
Foods That Increase Testosterone Naturally
Our body needs continuous supply of calories for producing testosterone, so do not skip your meals for a long time or starve for a long time or else the level of testosterone will start to plummet.
Besides this, there are natural testosterone booster foods; such as oysters, it is known to increase sex drive. This is because it contains Zinc which helps to enhance testosterone production.
- Meat, egg, and fish are rich source of proteins and fat and both are necessary for the synthesis of testosterone.
- Nuts are rich in mono-saturated fats, people who eat diet rich in mono-saturated fats are found to have high level of testosterone. Therefore eat peanuts, cashew nuts and walnut regularly to boost testosterone naturally.
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, kale, collard, radish, and other vegetables such as onions, garlic, asparagus and celery are all natural testosterone booster foods.
- Fruits: berries, bananas, figs, avocado contain specific vitamins that are natural testosterone boosters, should be eaten liberally.
- Beans are full of zinc and proteins; they are also testosterone boosters.