Formation of stones in the urinary tract is a common disorder of urinary tract disease. The stones are formed of calcium, oxalic acid, uric acid and phosphorus. The reason of stone development is due to the concentration of substances in urine exceeding its solubility. Most kidney stones are made up of calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate.
Causes Of Kidney Stone Formation
Kidney stones are caused due to improper collection of minerals. Majority of stones are calcium oxalate stone. Other types of stones are made up of uric acid, calcium phosphate and magnesium phosphate.They are formed in the kidney. When they are passing downward into the ureter they may get lodged in it or may pass into the bladder.
One of the reasons for development of kidney stone is deficiency of magnesium and or calcium. Drinking excessive sodas and colas lead to loss of mineral salts from the bones. It favors gradual concentration of these minerals in kidney and thus increases the risk for development of kidney stone.
Men are more prone to kidney stones as compared to women
Symptoms Of Kidney Stone
- Severe pain in back or in the abdomen radiating downwards to genital organs.
- Blood in the urine.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Painful urination, decreased urination and frequent urge to pass urine.
- Fever with chills.
Diet For Kidney Stone Patients
- Increase your water output by drinking large amount of water. Used in conjugation for removing the toxins from the body is tea prepared from corn silk. This helps diuresis or increasing the output of urination.
- Watermelon is a rich source of water and hence should be eaten when available.
- Green leafy vegetables are a rich source of oxalates. Avoid eating vegetables that are rich in oxalates if you are suffering from kidney stones.
- Meat should be avoided. Other things which one should avoid are aerated drinks such as colas, coffee, junk food and products made from white sugar. Also limit salt intake.
Natural Remedies For Renal Calculi
There are many home remedies used successfully to treat renal calculi before trying other invasive procedures.
- Licorice reduces inflammation of the ureters. Thus it allows easy passage of kidney stone without causing obstruction.
- Parsley tea is beneficial in prevention and treatment of kidney stones. Take one teaspoon of dried root powder in a liter of water. Boil it and allow it to steep. Strain the liquid and take 2 to 3 cups daily till symptoms persist.
- Stinging nettle tea is very useful in removal of kidney stone and its prevention. Drink 3 to 4 cups in a day. Main component are the leaves which are delicious, the stings are lost during cooking. Prepare in same way as parsley tea.
- Kidney calculi can be dissolved (located in the renal pelvis, ureters or in the bladder), by drinking lemon juice or cranberry juice for three days consecutively. After this drink 2oz. olive oil.
- Kidney beans or dried French beans are regarded effective in treating kidney problems.
- Basil juice and honey when taken for 3 to 4 months, eases expulsion of kidney stones.
- Celery helps to prevent future stone formation.
- Watermelon acts as a diuretic and helps to eradicate the kidney stones.