Causes of Acne in the Ear
Pimples could just appear from any part of your body including your ear. Pimple in ear is not unusual. People get it every once in a while depending on several factors, but usually, the pimple inside ear causes include the following:
- Picking of the ears. The nails can unintentionally cut the linings of the inner ear thereby creating boils or pimple in ear.
- Trapped sebum in a pore. Generally, a pimple is cause by locked sebum or the fluid produced by sebaceous glands and released through the skin pores. If the pore gets blocked, the sebum will not be released and a pimple will appear.
- Infection of skin pores inside the ear.
How to Get Rid of Pimples in Your Ear
You can get rid of the pimple inside your ear like you could with a normal pimple. The only difference is that, your pimple in ear is in a location where it could be harder to apply topical remedies unlike the face. Nevertheless, you can still make that pimple in your ear disappear with the following steps:
- Cleanse your ear thoroughly with a clean cotton bud soaked in hydrogen peroxide then scrape off ear wax especially those that have build up near your pimple in ear. Ensuring that your ears are clean before applying any remedy would help in preventing pimple infection.
- Mix equal parts of warm water and hydrogen peroxide and pour it inside your ear with a pimple. Let it stand for a few minutes then bend your head to the opposite to drain the solution.
- Mix 5 drops of margosa oil with 3 drops of olive oil then place a few drops of the solution to your ears.
- Do not attempt to pick your pimple in ear with a sharp object because this could infect your pimple further and could even worsen your situation.