Muffled Hearing in Left, Right Ears Home Remedies
Muffled hearing in one or both ears is an indication of a more severe condition compared to hearing difficulty affecting a single ear.
Muffled Hearing Causes
- Side effects of drug intake
- Signs of aging
- Punctured ear drum
- Prolonged exposure to loud and piercing sounds
- Infections or swimmer’s ear
- Excessive build up of ear wax
- Pressure changes such as when flying on an airplane
- Fluid on ear or glue ear
Muffled Hearing Treatment
Sudden muffled hearing in right and left ears can be treated with the following remedies:
- Visit an ear specialist before administering any home remedies especially if you do not know the cause of your muffled hearing.
- If the cause of your muffled hearing is trapped fluid in your ears, bend your head to your side to allow the liquid to drain. Hold your position for a minute, then bend your head to the other side to drain the water out on your other ear.
- Clean your ear canal to remove the wax buildup. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil, allow it to cool down a bit, then put a few drops on each of your ear. Clean your ears with cotton buds after.
- When flying on an airplane, you can chew a gum to release the pressure on your ear.
- You can also release a yawn to ease up the pressure and clear your ears.
- Open your mouth to release the pressure.