Stomach Infection and Loose Motion
Stomach infection and loose motion is a very common illness that will affect children and adults alike. It is an ailment that causes the frequent stool passage that is watery in form. If not given abrupt treatment, it can prove to be fatal as it leads to severe dehydration. But if given the right kind of attention during its early stages, hopefully it will not be that bad.
Causes of Stomach Infection and Loose Motion
Most cases of stomach infection or intestinal infection happen because of the food we eat.Raw or undercooked food is one cause of having this infection. Utensils that are not sterile could be another. Tap water and ice cubes should also be watched out. It is best to drink bottled water instead.
Loose motion is characterized by multiple, loose, watery, and unformed stools. It is an ailment that is indicative of a disease, illness, allergy, or infection that could possibly be stomach infection. Hence, loose motion is just a symptom; therefore the treatment will depend on what really caused the infection.
Preventing Loose Motion
The best way to prevent loose motion easy and fast is to watch your diet.At the onset of the loose bowel movement, it is best to avoid dairy products or food that has a high-fat content, foods that are oily like fried foods, spicy foods, and those that are rich in fiber.
But if you are experiencing it on a regular basis, better seek advice from a health care professional. It might be a sign of a more serious condition, if not then there is definitely something wrong with your lifestyle.
Home Remedies for Stomach Upsets and Loose Motion
The kitchen is one of the places we run to for first aid. That holds true for stomach infection and loose motion. For all we know, there are a number of things in the kitchen that has a great therapeutic value. Here are some of them:
- Cinnamon: Get a thick variety of cinnamon and boil it in water. When the consistency has been reduced to one-fourth, drink it. It is proven effective in curing loose motion.
- Burnt Bread Toast: Burn it and eat it. Charcoal is known to absorb gas and relieve upset stomach.
- Mint: Mint used in soup helps combat flatulence, indigestion, and stomach upsets.
- Coriander Seeds: Boiled water with coriander seeds and strained is an effective treatment for loose motion.
- Pomegranate Juice: Drank frequently in small quantities, this juice will help stop loose motion.