Question: I get feeling in stomach that something or air is pushing my heart very often and it makes me uncomfortable. When air releases it feels better but it comes back again and again. Would you kindly advise what is happening?
What you suffer from is a simple case of gaseous bloating of the abdomen. Gaseous bloating of the stomach may take place due to several causes:
- Irregular digestion which may occur either due to the digestive system not functioning properly or due to the contents of the diet
- Lactose or milk intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Overeating or excessive consumption of artificial sweeteners like sorbitol or fructose
- Menstrual or premenstrual stress syndrome
- Intestinal Parasites
Treatment for Gastric Bloating:
- Include fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet to prevent gastric bloating. They have high fibre content and will help in clearing the intestines and ease constipation.
- Consume at least five liters of water each day. This will flush your system and help your colon to remain moist and allow movement through your digestive system.
- Avoid aerated drinks which causes bloating and production of gas
- Don’t overeat. Avoid foods that you have noticed tend to cause bloating in the past
- Don’t eat late in the night. The bowel movements tend to be lesser at nights and eating late at night will cause indigestion and bloating.
- Avoid foods that have high fat content or which act as stimulants like coffee, tea, etc. STOP SMOKING.
- Simple physical exercise before morning breakfast will encourage bowel activities and clear the gases from your stomach.