Causes of Intestinal Infection
Intestinal infection is caused mainly by poor hygiene. For example, eating with dirty hands or eating in unsanitary environment can cause people to ingest some bacteria and other elements. These agents will then thrive in one’s stomach, multiplying until they create an infection. Sometimes intestinal infection is due to the food itself that we eat. This happens when the food was not cleaned properly prior to cooking or when they are cooked improperly. Sometimes water is also a cause for intestinal infection. In all these instances, the infection is caused mainly by people’s neglect for cleanliness.
Forms of Intestinal Infection
The most common forms of intestinal infection involve the habitation of parasites in one’s digestive system, especially the intestines. The most common parasites are the pinworm and tapeworm, both of which can cause severe pain as well as difficulty in eliminating waste. Pinworms – white parasitic worm’”inhabit in the large intestines. On the other hand, tapeworms are much longer than pinworms and are more parasitic.
Symptoms of Intestinal Infection
The following are the most common symptoms of intestinal infection:
- Loss of appetite and sudden, unexpected weight loss. In most instances, a person suffering from intestinal infection may feel that his stomach is full. On the other hand, weight loss is the result of the activities of the parasites: competing with the affected person’s body for food and nutrients.
- Enlarging of the abdomen. This is commonly experienced by those who have severe cases of intestinal infection.
- In other cases, persons suffering from intestinal infection experience itching near the anus. This results when the person eliminates and some of the eggs of the parasitic worm accompany the body waste.
Home Remedies for Intestinal Infection
There are plenty of home remedies that you can use in treating intestinal Infections. These treatments use items that are easily found in your kitchen:
- Ginger: Chewing ginger will help eliminate intestinal infection. If one cannot stand the taste of chewing ginger, try making a ginger tea and drinking it regularly.
- In order to neutralize the acid in the digestive areas caused by parasitic infection, consume a lot of bananas. This will help in settling one’s tummy in a balanced environment.
- For worm infection, fresh coconut oil has to be taken every morning.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.