Flatulence is due to accumulation of gas and air that has occupied your lower gastrointestinal tract. Flatulence is commonly known as fart or gas. It is produced in the same manner as how feces are expelled. The vibrations of the sphincter and closed buttocks cause the noises associated with flatulence. Here are some causes of gas formation.
- The food you eat plays an important role in the occurrence of flatulence.
- Foods such as sweet potato and other root crops can cause gas to accumulate in the stomach when digested.
- Bacterial infection in the small intestine.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Diet high in fiber
- Eating too quickly
- Eating chewing gum
- Swallowing air
- Stomach cancer
- Colon cancer
- Milk allergy
- Food allergy
In every age, gender, race, or culture, flatulence is a normal process in the body and it is simply a part of the digestion process. Episodes of flatulence cannot be avoided but there are things you can do to minimize the embarrassment.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Flatulence
There are things that you can do and observe to minimize the occurrence of flatulence. Although flatulence is not a life threatening medical condition, excessive flatulence can indicate disorder in the digestive system.The following are some of the things you can do to control and get rid of flatulence.
- It is best to avoid eating flatulence-forming foods such as Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, yeast in breads, wheat, oats, artichokes, cashews, potatoes, sweet potatoes, radishes, rutabagas, turnips, leeks, scallions, garlic, onions, dairy products, lentils, and beans.
- Observe daily bowel movement routine so that you can expel bowel contents ahead of time. This would also decrease the stench and odor that is accompanied with flatulence.
- Eating yogurt and food that has live microorganisms that aid in the digestion, help stopping flatulence episodes and at the same time lessen the odor.
- Exercising would help eliminate all clogged up and accumulated gas in the body. Doing this will keep your body in tip top shape and at the same time prevent flatulence episodes which can be embarrassing.
- There are individuals who have genetic abnormalities with their sphincter, which is why they cannot stop themselves from releasing gaseous air.
- When you are out in the public, you can try controlling flatulence in and then excuse yourself to the bathroom.