Smelly Flatulence Treatment:
Smelly flatulence is caused due to slow digestion and slow movement of bowels leading to fermentation of the content and production of gas or flatulence or flatus.
Preventing Smelly Flatulence:
- Drink enough water. A dry mouth encourages swallowing. Eat more slowly. Chew your food well. Relax when your have your meals.
- Do not postpone your bowel movements.
- Walking helps break down bubbles, so they can be more quickly expelled.
- Things which produce gas are cabbage, beans all products of wheat flour.
- Avoid tight waist cloths and belts as they restrict movement of bowels and this result in gas and indigestion. Those who wear loose clothing are less prone to this condition.
- Both chewing gums and smoking increases the incidence of air swallowing and hence should be refrained from.
- Avoid fried food, hydrogenated fat, sugar, refined carbohydrates, junk food, ice-cold drinks and poor food combinations. Drinks which contain bubble or gas such as soft drink, champagne and beer should be completely avoided.
Home Remedies for Smelly Flatulence:
- Mix three parts of spearmint and one part of ginger. Add this to one teaspoon to each cup of hot water. Drink the clear tea and leave the sediments or strain it before having the tea.
- Carminative herbs help expel smelly gas and reduce bloating. Mix equal parts of balm, chamomile and peppermint. Steep one teaspoon of it in 1/2 cup of boiling water. Take this preparation unsweetened in mouthful doses.
- One should take lemon juice and water before each meal to treat smelly gas.
- Drink hot water (as hot as tea) on empty stomach early in the morning. Hot water will help dissolve the gas and promote digestion.
- Mix one part each of buckbean, centaury, germander and blessed thistle. Infuse at a rate of one teaspoon of combined herbs to a cup of boiling water. Take 1-2 tablespoon between meals.