Burping Natural Treatments:
Burping, which is also referred to as belching, is the expulsion of accumulated gas in the stomach through the mouth. As the gas starts to build up in the stomach, pressure increases and the accumulated gas would then be expelled in one full burping force.
It is very easy to find the urge to burp when you are drinking a carbonated drink. The carbon dioxide buildup in the stomach reacts to the air and gastric contents, making burping easy. When drinking water, there is quite a struggle to expel air but it still is possible to do so.
Stimulating Burping Techniques:
When there is a buildup of air in the stomach, it would provide discomfort due to the distention of the stomach. It is much better then to stimulate and induce the burping process to help relieve the individual.
- Take a small sip of any carbonated drink
- Drink a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of salt.
The most annoying part about this behavior is that it has the tendency to become a mannerism to continually try and stimulate expulsion of accumulated gas. It would then be a problem on how to behave and act in parties and social group events.The following tips will help you avoid the embarrassment.
- Take medications that would decrease stimulation to burp
- Excusing yourself when having the urge to burp can also be the best and ideal behavior.
- Avoid and stay away from foods that stimulate burping.
Symptoms of Burping:
Persistent burping with undue explanation is something you should be worried about. Seeking medical attention and help would be the best and ideal thing to do. It can be caused by an underlying serious medical condition that can lead to serious complications.
When you have the following signs and symptoms, this would be a sign to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Sever and chronic pain in the abdominal area
- Blood in stools
- Blood in vomit
- When there is an increase in abdominal girth
- Uncontrollable urge to burp
- Regurgitation of food
Prevention and Remedies for Burping:
Specific measures to help improve and reduce the occurrence of this problem include modification of lifestyle and observing proper diet.
- Avoid intake of carbonated drinks
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcoholic drinks
- Eat healthy and nutritious foods
- Stay away from gas-forming food items such as root crops, broccoli, and many more.