Question: I am 51 years old and I have excessive bloating and gas in my stomach. It has got to the point that I can hardly fit in my clothes and I look like I’m several months pregnant.
Answer: What you are suffering from is chronic / obstinate dyspepsia, resulting in excessive flatulence. A few dietary do’s and don’ts will set you right instantaneously.
Causes of Indigestion And Bloated Stomach
- Dietary errors and indiscretions, eating too much or too little, erratic meal timings, consuming too much of processed and refined foods.
- Inactive and desk bound lifestyle.
- No exercise.
Diet And Home Remedies For Stomach Gas
- Principally, you need to follow a consistent eating pattern and stick to meal timings. Never have a huge interval between 2 meals, it causes excessive gas formation. Make sure, you eat something every 3 hours. It could be anything – nuts, fruits, dry fruits, toast, sandwich, or juice.
- Never eat a very large meal. Eat small frequent meals.
- Avoid eating too much of foods that ferment in the bowels – legumes, pulses, lentils, sprouts. Eat them occasionally and in small amounts.
- Fennel seeds : At the end of every meal consume 3 tablespoons of fennel seeds. Fennel seeds are the best carminatives. They help diminish flatulence and gaseousness within minutes. Follow this with 3 tablespoons of caraway seeds. Caraway seeds are also potent remedies that fight flatulence.
- Ginger: Taking about 1 inch of grated ginger with a spoonful of honey, after lunch and dinner, will mitigate your condition effectively. It decreases the discomfort associated with bloatedness, helps in wind elimination and peps up digestion.