Extreme Gas In Stomach:
There are two types of gas accumulation in the body: lower and upper gastrointestinal gas accumulation:
- When we talk about gas accumulation in the lower gastrointestinal tract, the condition is referred to as flatulence.
- When it is in the upper gastrointestinal tract, the condition is referred to as belching.
Causes of Excessive Gas:
There are certain foods that would cause the accumulation of gas in our body. This is brought about by the foods’ gaseous components and properties. The most common of these foods that causes this are the root crops.
When gas accumulates in the lower gastrointestinal tract, they remain clumped up in the intestines.Hence, when there is an urge to fart, it would result to passage of air. With belching, it requires coordination with muscles in the diaphragm as it clumps up the air from the stomach and out.
Prevent Excess Gas:
The following are methods you can do to treat excess gas and alleviate the discomfort of gas accumulation as well as prevent its occurrence:
- Exercise regularly. Exercise helps the system avoid the build-up of extra gas. Exercising regularly also helps expel these unnecessary gases with ease.
- Hot compress in the abdominal area would also help relieve the pain and facilitate the expulsion of flatulence.
- Drinking of warm water helps as well.
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas accumulation.
- Avoid drinking carbonated drinks as this also triggers accumulation of gas.
- Find a position that helps compress the abdominal area. This will help facilitate the release of gas.
Is It Something You Should Be Worried About?
There is no need to get worried though when this happens. It is part of the natural physiology and nature of an individual to experience this. The main concern here so far is the embarrassment to pass this gas in public. If this condition is persistent however, it would be a sign that there might be something wrong with your gastrointestinal tract, and one should seek immediate professional help.
What Are the Things You Need to Do and to Eat to Avoid This?
- Eating healthy and nutritious food such as fruits and vegetables would be ideal to prevent excessive stomach gas.
- Avoid eating too much root crops.
- When chewing food, try keep your mouth closed at all times.
- Chew your food very well and slowly.