The Paleo Diet was originally promoted by Loren Cordain (Ph.D); it advocates consuming only those foods that were consumed by Paleolithic people. During that era, only natural, unrefined and unprocessed foods like fish, eggs, meat, and vegetables were consumed. The diet is devoid of grains, processed foods, milk and its products and high sugar foods.
The hypothesis behind the diet is that our body is evolutionarily made to flourish on whole foods like during the caveman era. There are numerous health benefits of the Paleo diet, and it can alter your health and life.
Nutritionists believe that the Paleo diet is the most optimal way to shed superfluous weight, remain in great shape, sleep well and have lots of energy for the whole day. The breakfast should comprise of foods in the rawest possible form, where a few healthy additions are put together to make the dish delicious and nutritious. Do not incorporate processed and denatured foods, trans fats, dairy products, grains, and sugars. For your breakfast, have eggs, lean meat, paleo-friendly waffles and pancakes. These are most recommended for a healthy paleo breakfast.
Paleo Diet Recipes For Breakfast
Here are few quick serve ideas and recipes that you can have for your breakfast.They are Paleo-friendly, easy to make and wholesome.
- Eggs: the Paleolithic people had a lot of access to eggs, as a result making them the staple in their diet. Nutritionist advice it is best to have poached eggs, given that, there is no requirement for non-compliant fats, thereby, reducing the likelihood of increasing serum cholesterol levels. Also, omelets filled with loads of vegetables are an excellent breakfast option.
- Lean Meats: you must make lean meat the basis of your Paleo meals, since; they are packed with good quality protein. Nutritionist, recommend grass-fed meat, because they are more healthful.
- Fruits: another good breakfast option is fresh fruits. Do not have frozen or processed fruits or packed fruit juices. Fruits provide the body with all the essential minerals and vitamins and are also chockfull of dietary fiber.
- Waffles and Pancakes: using culinary skills, it is easy to make a Paleo-friendly waffle or pancake. Incorporate loads of nuts such as almonds, walnuts or cashews, coconut, flaxseed, and powdered pea protein.
Health Benefits Of Paleo Diet
- The Paleo diet perks up digestion and assimilation of nutrients. The diet is packed with fiber, thus the colon functions optimally and fights constipation.
- The diet steers clear of processed and refined foods; thus your metabolic activity increases, you shed unwanted weight and stay fit.
- Weight loss is an important benefit of the Paleo diet. The intake of amount of carbohydrates is exceedingly low; consequently, you do not put on unnecessary fat. The blood sugar level remains steady and energy levels get boosted. Also, since you have eliminated processed foods, the body does not store any noxious wastes, such as additives, preservatives and coloring agents. Consequently, the Paleo diet helps achieve a body detox too.
- A nutritious diet and better assimilation of mineral and vitamins promises you a clear, radiant and glowing skin.
- The Paleo diet induces peaceful, sound sleep. Thus, it guarantees a better sense of well-being and also enhances mood.