The neutral pH of human blood is 7.0. A pH below this level is termed acidic and above the level is considered alkaline. Generally, for maintaining good health your body should have a slight alkaline pH. Including acid forming foods regularly in your diet causes rise of acidic medium in your body. Other factors that promote acidic pH are emotional stress, toxins, immune reactions etc. They inhibit the cells from absorbing vital nutrients and oxygen for its growth and well being of the body.
If there is excess of acidity in the body, it can lead to many health problems such as gout, arthritis, acid reflux disorder etc.In context with the given facts, including non acidic foods, also known as alkaline foods in your diet regularly helps to balance the pH of the body, as well as keeps you fit and healthy.
Benefits Of Alkaline Or Non Acidic Foods
You may be anxious to know what these non acidic foods are, but before that let us know the benefits of eating non acidic foods.
- Eating non acidic foods (alkaline foods) helps you to lose your weight. It burns the excess of fat stored in your body.
- If you want to look young even at the age of 50, eating non acidic foods helps to do so. It prolongs the longevity of your body cells.
- It keeps you refreshed all through the day, as night as well. Now no more sluggishness!
- Eating non acidic foods gives you a better chance to sleep. It also enhances your sexual performance.
- Helps to reduce acid reflux and uric acid level in your body thus frequent prevents frequent gouty pains.
- It helps you to prevent diseases, increases you immunity to resist disease causing germs and energizes your body.
- In a nutshell eating non acidic food keeps you in a optimum health. Keeps you fit physically and mentally.
List Of Non Acidic Foods And Drinks
Here is a list of best non acidic food (alkaline foods), including these foods in your diet, you can keep your body healthy and restore it from sickness. Most of the foods consist of vegetables and fruits, nuts and seeds, healthy oils etc.
- Vegetable juices.
- Green beans.
- Capsicum green, yellow and red.
- Dried figs and dates.
- Lime, lemon.
- Potato baked with skin.
- Kiwifruit and its juice.
- Olive and olive oil.
- Flax seeds.
- Coconut oil.
- Fresh buttermilk.
- Sunflower seeds and its oil.
- Wheat grass.
Recipes For Non Acidic Foods
Here are some of the recipes that you can include in your food:
Salads: cucumber salad is the best and easiest to prepare with all the benefits of non acidic food.
Ingredients you need:
- 2 to 3 cucumbers small size.
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Salt as per taste.
- Finely ground pepper.
- Slice the cucumbers, cut it into thin slices and put it in salad dish
- For seasoning, take a bowl and mix olive oil, finely cut garlic cloves, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add seasoning over the cut slices of cucumber.
- 200 grams broccoli.
- 200 grams carrot.
- 1 pint of vegetable stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 onion chopped.
- Few garlic cloves.
- Put onion and garlic in a pan with 1 to 2 tsp of oil, heat it for 3 to5 minutes till it becomes pink to light brown.
- Now put vegetable stalk and let it heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Puree all the vegetables and add salt as per the taste and pepper to it.
- Mix all the ingredients and the soup is ready to serve.