MMA diet is specially designed for athletes and it helps burn down unwanted fats and aids in development of lean and strong muscles. In addition the diet supplies essential vitamins and nutrients to the athletes which are crucial for their intense and rigorous training sessions and to hasten recovery from injuries.
MMA Diet Plan For Weight Loss
Here are some of the simple tips on how to use the MMA diet for weight loss.
- Avoid overeating. Staying hunger is a sign of growth and optimum body metabolism. Have moderate meals, don’t stuff yourself. Eating too much tends to interfere with the body’s ability to stay active. Eat small meals frequently.
- Limit the intake of carbohydrates. Make sure that your diet is low in carbohydrates and fats. Avoid oily foods. Avoid butter and cheese as they are loaded with carbohydrates and fats. Don’t use unsaturated oils to cook food, instead use virgin olive oil to cook your food.
- Include anaerobic training in your routine. Anaerobic exercise is a form of exercising which includes short bouts of intense training, which tends to raise the body’s metabolism. This will help lose weight
- Researchers have pointed that eating breakfast is essential. Skipping breakfast would slow down the body’s metabolism which in turn would interfere with your weight loss goals.
- A protein rich diet would be very beneficial. Ensure that you have a high protein low carbohydrate and low fat diet.
MMA Fighter Diet And Nutrition
- Include fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes and pulses in your diet. These are high in proteins and also loaded with vitamins and minerals like calcium, zinc, magnesium and copper. Further these foods are highly alkaline and hence essential for promoting metabolic processes in the body.
- A vegetarian diet is ideal. However occasionally including fish, chicken and boiled eggs in your diet can be a good source of complete proteins, which is essential for body building
- Include milk and milkshakes as a part of your routine diet. Milk is a great source of calcium and protein. Low fat dairy products like cheese and butter may also be used.
Recipes For MMA Diet
Here is a simple MMA diet recipe which you can use for breakfast
- Heat the frying pan and add a few drops of olive oil. Olive oil is very effective in preventing atherosclerosis and also aids in weight loss
- Add spinach and cook the spinach till it wilts down. Spinach is a good source of Vitamins and Minerals like iron and calcium
- Add eggs to the mixture and stir the mixture. This technique takes less than 5 minutes to prepare your breakfast. This meal would give you 32 grams of proteins, 8 grams of carbohydrates with a total calorie count of 516 Kcals