Food allergy is a common disorder the world over. From child to adult, anyone can suffer from food allergy. Hypoallergenic diet is designed for such allergic persons so that they do not suffer from food allergy.
Certain people’s immune system considers normal food for others, as harmful for their body. This gives rise to an allergic manifestation in that person.
Hypoallergenic diet is introduced in such individuals. It is also known as an elimination diet. In this type of diet, food from which the person is allergic is abstained from his diet.This is the simplest way to avoid allergy towards certain food.
Food Allergy Elimination Diet
There are some food items which are hypoallergenic. Most people do not manifest any type of allergy after eating such food.
- After certain period of time the food is reintroduced, this is called the challenge phase. It will help to detect the specific food item which causes allergy. It then becomes easy for you to pinpoint that food and eliminate it from your diet.
- Some of the symptoms of food allergy are: abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, gas, wheezing, anaphylactic reaction, skin rash and skin itching etc.
- Brown rice is considered a good hypoallergenic diet recipe. It is one of the most commonly used food item.
Allergy Avoidance Diet Menu
Hypoallergenic diet recipe
- Avoid processed food, use all natural foods.
- Appetizer: Sweet potato and roasted zucchini and oatmeal yogurt.
- Soups: Moroccan beat and chickpea soup; Carrots and tomato soup.
- Salad: Mango salad.
- Main dish: Chicken burgers, maple barley and sweet potato, egg and grilled zucchini.
- Drinks: Watermelon juice.
- Snacks: Pumpkin seeds and almond.