There are immense health benefits of eating fish. A plethora of disease can be prevented by eating one or two servings of fish every day. These diseases can range from childhood asthma to old age prostate cancer.
You can enjoy eating fish in any form you want. Baked, grilled, fried, poached or steamed.
Medical fraternity the world over, have an affirmative opinion regarding the health benefits of eating fish. This is because fish is low in cholesterol, high is omega 3 fatty acids and protein. Besides fish is a rich source of vitamins especially vitamin A, vitamin D and minerals.
Fish high in omega 3 fatty acids and low in contaminants of environment include-wild salmon from Alaska, mackerel from Atlantic, sardines, sable fish, anchovies, albacore tuna, farmed oyster, farmed trout etc.
Health Benefits Of Eating Fish
Fish is a powerhouse of health. Let us select few important ailments where health benefits of eating fish will improve life quality.
- Childhood asthma: Children are less susceptible to childhood asthma if they make a habit of eating fish, everyday or thrice in a week.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Omega 3 fatty acid in fish reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Vitamin A and other antioxidants present in fish help to improve blood vessel elasticity and reduce plaque formation in the blood vessels. Eating fish every day also increases HDL level and reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood.
- Cancer: Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants in fish reduce the risk of many cancers such as oral cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and esophagus cancer.
- Eyesight: Vitamin A present in fish helps to have a good eye sight and healthy retina. Macular degeneration and blindness is prevented by eating fish.
- Eating fish regularly prevents dementia. This is because the polyunsaturated fat prevents damage to brain cells. It also reduces high blood pressure as these fatty acids prevent hardening of artery walls.
- Eating fish during pregnancy reduces the risk of premature baby.
Eating fish during pregnancy: As many fishes are contaminated with mercury, pregnant women should be cautious while eating fish, even though they are rich source of various nutrients. Fish which have low mercury level such as salmon, sardine, trout and tilapia should be consumed if at all she wants to. Canned fish and cooked fish is better option than eating raw fish. Eating raw fish is dangerous to health.
Advantages Of Fish Oil For Women
- One of the many benefits of fish oil for women is in preventing and treating breast and cervical cancers.
- The Omega fatty acids, especially the EPA, provide terrific antioxidant powers to chase away the free radicals and build strong immune system.
- These powerful and versatile fatty acids have been proven to slow down metastasis of cancer cells, and in some cases, literally kills them off.
- Women experience much less PMS symptoms of swelling, bloating, and irritability because of the fish oils anti inflammatory actions. That benefit alone is remarkable.
- Before and after menopause women tend to experience with depression related to fluctuation of estrogen level. Many women are fearful of hormone therapy because of the cancer threats. Fish oil takes care of balancing the hormones naturally without side effects.