Rosacea Diet Plan, Recipes
- A diet for rosacea sufferers must not include any acidic products. This is extremely important to decreasing the flare ups of flushing, or red and irritated skin.
- Caffeine, alcohol, acidic bottled water, and citrus, must be avoided. These products cause dangerous reactions in the body for everyone, but especially for victims of rosacea.
- The best diet for rosacea must include adequate supplies of water daily.
- As a general guideline, humans should drink approximately 2 to 2 1/2 quarts of alkaline water daily. This amount must be increased accordingly for those with higher metabolisms or increased stress levels in their life.
- If a person has rosacea, they need 4 quarts or more of water to flush the wastes and combat the blood vessel dilation from acidic products.
- The dilation is what actually causes the reddened flushing of the skin in those afflicted with this skin disorder.
- Those in live in high humidity areas should also drink more water. You must adjust the water intake to accommodate the environment and the skins deficiencies.
Rosacea Foods to Avoid, Eat
- Safflower oil can be used topically as a natural skin hydrator for the dry skin conditions. It also stimulates the body to make substances that fight the inflammation that occurs in this skin condition.
- Avoid pasta, rice, high carbs or sugar products, and tomatoes. Spicy or hot sauces, vinegars, and cheese are also bad for sufferers of rosacea. They will cause flare ups.
- The best advice to decrease symptoms of rosacea is to eat plenty of whole grains, tofu, cherries, blueberries, and fish. Chicken is always better than red meat.