Cabbage and Nutrition
The benefits of eating raw cabbage have been documented in many cases. When used as part of a dietary regimen, cabbage has been determined to aid in weight loss and to provide an added source of nutrition.
- Cabbage is a highly versatile dietary staple.
- It can be a part or the main ingredient in dips, soups, stews, salads and breads.
- Cabbage can be pickled and served as a side dish.
Health Benefits of Raw Cabbage
- It is a good source of Vitamin C, providing as much as 50% of a person’s daily requirement.
- Its high amino acid content helps ease inflammations and soreness of the muscles.
- It contains more than 90% of a person’s daily requirement for Vitamin K, which is a vitamin that helps strengthen the immune system.
- It is a good source of dietary fibers, which is essential in the normal functioning of the digestive system.
- Its low-calorie content is ideal for those who want to lose weight
- Its high beta-carotene content discourages the formation of cataracts
- Cabbage provides the necessary nutrition without making the individual gain more weight.
- Cabbage can cure severe bloating.
- Encourages faster clearing up of any infection
- Slows aging
- Prevents colon
- Lowers the risk of newborns having spina bifida or other birth defects
- It reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Good for the skin; the high Vitamin D content can clear up skin blemishes.
- Iodine in the raw cabbage promotes muscle strength.
- With its sulfur content, cabbage is effective against fungal infections.
Health Benefits of Raw Cabbage Juice
Cabbage is conveniently available all year round, so there is a steady supply for those who wish to incorporate cabbage juice into their diets. Cabbage juice has several specific health benefits.
- Heals stomach ulcers
- Soothes stomach pain
- Cures or prevents acid reflux disorders