Olive is a fruit found on olive tree, it is mainly found in Mediterranean region of Europe, and in Africa. You may find black or green olives in many culinary dishes. It is used as a topping for pizzas, in sausages or as an accessory in cocktails. Besides this olive oil is extracted from olive, it is used by many as a medium for cooking.
Nutritional Value Of Olives
Benefits of eating olives are due to its high nutritive value, and wellness it provides to our health.
Nutrition component of olive: unsaturated fats, sodium, iron, vitamin E, fatty acids, dietary fiber, copper and amino acid.
Benefits Of Eating Olives
- Mono saturated fats present in olive lessen the damage to your blood vessels. Chances of plaques are reduced if a person eats olives or eats food prepared in olive oil.
- Vitamin E present in olives acts as an antioxidant. It lowers the risk of atherosclerosis of heart vessels, and stroke.
- Vitamin E present in olive oil or olive gives protection against free radicals that cause damage to your body cells.
- The risk of diabetes decreases in those who eat olive or olive oil regularly in their diet.
- Olives and its oil are well tolerated by stomach. It is beneficial in gastritis and gastric ulcers.
Olive Oil Benefits For Health
- Pregnant women should eat olive and food prepared from olive oil for better development of fetal growth.
- Black olives which are naturally ripened contain polyphenols, antioxidants which is beneficial for heart protection. Canned black olives are artificially ripened and therefore the polyphenol content in them is reduced.
- Due to its vitamin E content, eating olives is beneficial in skin care as well. One of the benefits of eating green olive is it reduces the risk of skin diseases.
- Olive oil is a natural skin remedy. If applied regularly it reduces skin damage and makes the skin supple and soft.