Uses and Benefits of Eating Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe vera is a popular ingredient in skin and hair products due to its long list of therapeutic properties. The clear sap or gel that is inside the plant is the key source of benefits of eating aloe.
- It is a good cleansing agent for the whole body, particularly in areas like liver, stomach, bladder and spleen.
- Aloe vera intake benefits are soothing effect on the digestive tract, offering relief from common conditions like colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcers.
- Many cultures promote eating aloe vera as a relief from heartburn.
- It has also been used extensively as an antiseptic applied topically to cuts or burns.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Intake
- With its Vitamin C content, aloe vera promotes good health of the blood vessels, circulation and the adrenal glands.
- Aloe vera has amino acids that aid in building proteins in the body.
- The enzymes contribute to rejuvenating distressed skin, providing an improved appearance.
- It combats pain, immunodeficiency, circulatory diseases, eye problems, cardiac disorders due to the germanium found in its composition,
Aloe Vera Consumption Measures
- Some people experience diarrhea and abdominal cramps after eating aloe vera.
- Diabetic patients should monitor their intake of aloe vera juice if they are using medications that decrease glucose levels, to maintain a safe balance.
- Over consumption of aloe vera may lead to loss of potassium and fluid imbalance.
- Consuming aloe vera should be avoided during menstruation and pregnancy. Children are generally advised not to take aloe vera as a healing agent.
- It is unsuitable for people who suffer from appendicitis.