Papaya, the word itself is mouthwatering. You may savor its sweetness all the time, same way it’s also important to know the benefits of eating papaya fruit.
Nutritional Value Of Papaya Fruit
Ripe papaya is a yellow to orange fruit loaded with natural vitamins, minerals and dietary fibers. Due to its immense health benefits, you should eat papaya daily.
Nutrients present in papaya: vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, potassium, folate, dietary fiber.
Benefits Of Eating Papaya
- Antioxidant: papaya is rich in antioxidant content. Vitamin A, C, E are all natural antioxidants present in papaya.
- Papaya is also a rich source of enzymes. Especially digestive enzyme papain. The enzyme breaks the protein content in food for better digestion and absorption.
- The enzyme arginine present in papaya increases blood flow around the penis. There is a benefit of eating papaya in male impotency.
- The antioxidants in papaya prevent plaque formation in heart vessels. Fiber content in papaya lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood.
Papaya Health Benefits
- Constipation: due to high fiber content, eating papaya daily will relieve constipation and related disease such as piles.
- Benefit of eating papaya for skin disease is a known fact. Papain and chymopapain are two enzymes which reduce inflammation and swelling in the skin. Eating papaya helps to remove dead skin tissue from the burns. It accelerates the process of healing.
- Papaya is also useful in psoriasis, eczema, warts and other skin conditions.
Paste made from green and dried papaya is beneficial in treating ringworm disease.