Chocolate has become most famous food and flavor all over the world. Children and adults both crave chocolate alike. Dark chocolate is also known as plain chocolate. Dark chocolate is prepared by adding sugar, and fat to the cacao bean. Milk is not added to dark chocolate.
Dark chocolates are available in many forms such as bars, candies, drinks etc. No matter what form of chocolate you choose, benefits of eating dark chocolates are plenty.
Benefits Of Eating Dark Chocolate
Let us know some of the benefits of dark chocolates.
- Eating dark chocolate is linked to the serotonin level in the brain. It is a mood enhancer; the chemicals in chocolates are the cause of happy emotions you see on the face of the child when he cries.
- Dark chocolates have antioxidants which gobble free radicals.
- Dark chocolate prevents heart ailments, lowers blood pressure, and improve blood flow.
- Many people believe dark chocolate works as an aphrodisiac. It contains a chemical called phenylethylamine which may be responsible to give a stimulating feeling in many individuals.
- Skin treatment with dark chocolate is the latest craze. It is used as a skin softener in cosmetics. It is due to the cocoa butter used in dark chocolates.
Nutritional Value Of Dark Chocolate
- The antioxidants present in dark chocolates can prevent free radicals from damaging the skin.
- The flavanoids present in dark chocolates helps to prevent skin damage caused due to UV rays of the sun. Dark chocolate is a good moisturizer.
Eating dark chocolate is beneficial; you should eat it in moderate quantity. Unconstrained consumption will make you obese as it is energy rich food.