We need food to perform various body functions. The food which we consume is digested in the gastrointestinal tract with physiological process; it is converted into energy for different body functions.
The normal pH level of the body is 7.3; alkaline foods keep the pH to its optimal level by neutralizing the acid in the cells. At this level the body has healthy and harmonious cellular function.
Benefits Of Eating Alkaline Foods
High acidic levels in the cells deteriorate the cellular function; therefore it is beneficial to eat alkaline food to check the acidic pH level in the body, this can be achieved by eating alkaline foods.
- Alkaline food helps the brain to function properly and keeps it more alert and active.
- It also helps to detoxify the blood and keeps the heart in perfect health.
- The absorption of mineral from the intestine is at its optimum when 80% of the food we eat is alkaline.
- The cell degeneration resulting into early aging can be stopped if the major portion of the food is alkaline.
- Eating alkaline food increase your energy level and you can feel a change in your vigor and vitality performing daily activities.
- Alkaline food helps to keep the weight under control.
List Of High Alkaline Foods
- Vegetables: celery, cabbage, carrots, beets, swiss chard, baked potatoes, onion, cauliflower, garlic, eggplant, cucumber, dandelions, gourds, turnips, collard greens, pumpkin, wheat grass, sprouts etc.
- Fruits: citrus fruits like orange, lime, cherries other fruits include bananas, dates, figs, grape, pineapple, watermelon, pear, peach, blackberries etc.
- Spices: cinnamon, curry mustard, ginger, chili, pepper, chestnuts, miso, sea salt, tamari etc.
- Other foods: Herbal tea, soy milk, egg, yogurt, tempeh, millet, sprouted seeds.
An alkaline food diet plan should include various foods from the above list in meals, and breakfast to keep your body fit and healthy.