Published February 23, 2011 by Nick
Benefits of Alkaline Diet Meal Plan
- This type of diet effectively maintains a balance in the body’s pH level, which is beneficial to the body’s immune system.
- It is said that an alkaline diet can prevent water retention, arthritis, recurring headaches, strong perspiration and skin problems.
- Alkaline rich foods may alleviate signs of stress and poor state of health of the lungs and kidneys.
- The foods included in this diet are digested into ash form, which contains rich sources of magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc and copper.
Alkaline Diet Recipes
- In order to encourage the dieter to pursue the meal plans, alkaline-rich dishes can be prepared easily.
- An ideal way to begin the alkaline diet meal plan is a consuming hot soup with a mixture of blended fresh vegetables.
- Salads made with olive oil, crushed basil, oregano, sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice added into the vegetables are high in alkaline as well.
- Sauces containing coriander, lime juice and chili pepper can be included in the meal plan.
List of Alkaline Diet Foods
- The diet’s main focus is consumption of vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Raw nuts and seeds are also alkaline-forming foods, as are the following:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Citrus fruits
- Melon, peach and pears
- Brown rice, soy and honey
- Raisins, dates, plums, miso soup
- Mushrooms, potatoes, onions and lima beans
- Freshly squeezed juices like cranberry and tomato, as well as green tea and clean water are included in the alkaline diet meal.
- As protein supplements, soy products, white chicken meat, yogurt and eggs are recommended.
- Acid-forming foods like meats, caffeinated drinks, sugary foods and shellfish should comprise about 25% of the diet plan.