Some plants have medicinal properties, are non-toxic and are very effective for diabetes. There are herbs that help in production of insulin and also help to lower blood sugar.
We are now presenting a series of 3 articles each highlighting various herbal remedies available for Diabetes. This article particularly emphasizes how the use of Butea Leaves, Cinnamon, Curry Leaves and Gooseberry is beneficial for Diabetics.
Butea-Leaves And Cinnamon For Diabetes Cure
Butea Leaves (Botanical Name – Butea monosperma)
- Popularly known as flame of the forest.
- The leaves of this tree are valuable and help in lowering blood sugar.
- They are also useful in a condition called glycosuria (presence of large amount of glucose in the urine).
- The leaves of Butea tree can either be chewed or taken in decoction or infusion form.
Cinnamon (Botanical name – Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
- This is a popular herb and spice and is used widely.
- It plays an important role in the treatment of diabetes because it stimulates insulin activity. Only a small amount is sufficient to stimulate insulin activity.
- It controls blood sugar level.
- Other herbs and spices useful for treating diabetes are bay leaves, cloves and turmeric.
Remedies For Diabetes Using Curry Leaves And Gooseberry
Curry Leaves (Botanical name – Murraya koenigi)
- The leaves of this shrub are aromatic and slightly bitter.
- They are of great food value to diabetics and are valuable herbal remedies.
- To prevent diabetes of a hereditary origin eat at-least 10 fresh fully-grown curry leaves every morning for three months.
- It also helps in weight reduction and is beneficial in the treatment of diabetes due to obesity. The diabetic patient stops passing sugar in the urine as weight reduces.
Gooseberry – (Botanical name – Emblica officinalis)
- The Gooseberry is one of the most ideal food-medicine for diabetes.
- It stimulates secretion of natural insulin.
- Mix a Tablespoon of gooseberry juice to a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, take it daily for 2 months for beneficial results.
- It helps reduce blood sugar in diabetics.
- It also helps prevent eye complications in diabetics.
- Diet restrictions should be strictly followed besides this regime