Sometimes high sugar in blood stream affects body organs adversely. In such situations, there are treatments that facilitate normal functioning of the organs besides diet, yoga and exercise. Some of the natural methods of diabetes treatment are described below.
Natural Remedies For Diabetes
Hydrotherapy: In this therapy, water plays a very important role. Hydrotherapy is extremely beneficial for the treatment of diabetes. Water is an important solvent. It is capable of absorbing, conducting heat and has positive effects on the body. During the first few days of Hydrotherapy treatment, warm water enema is used to clean the colon thoroughly.It can also be used as and when required. Cold water baths enhance capability of the muscles to utilize sugar and increase circulation. Neutral hip bath, cold baths, sponge baths and regular dry friction baths help eliminate toxic matter from the body.
Enema: In this method, water is injected through the rectum to cleanse the intestine. Enema can be taken once a month for beneficial results. If you want to take enema the following morning, then decide it the evening before. Because dinner should be light, comprising of boiled or steamed vegetables or juices. This ensures that there is very little or no undigested food in the system the next morning. The best time to take enema is between 6 and 10 o’clock in the morning, preferably 10 to 15 minutes after the daily bowel movement.
Procedure for enema in diabetics
- The patient has to lie on the right side with the right leg stretched out and left leg bent at the knee at right angle.
- The enema tube that is to be inserted into the rectum is lubricated with any lubricant.
- Then one or two litres of water is released into the rectum through the rubber tube.
- The patient can then take a walk or lie on his back while he still retains the water.
- The water is then thrown out after 5 to 10 minutes along with accumulated waste matter.
- A warm water enema removes toxins from the system along with accumulated faecal matter.
- It also improves the peristaltic movements and relieves constipation.
- It is the safest method for cleansing the bowels.