Sexually transmitted disease or STD is a venereal disease. STDs have high transmission possibility between and among individuals through sexual contacts using vagina, penis, mouth, and anus. Such diseases can affect men and women regardless of their races and economic condition. However today, they are more prevalent among teens and young adults.
Signs And Symptoms Of STD In Men
Before it becomes a full-blown STD, it is called a sexually transmitted infection or STI caused by a virus, bacteria, or a parasite. In such state, the host does not experience symptoms until at a later stage, when it becomes an STD.Some of the symptoms include:
- Deep pelvic ache (prostatitis).
- Pain during urination.
- Abnormal discharge from penis.
- Cloudy urine.
- Sores, lumps, rashes, warts, blisters around the genitals.
- Lumps, sores, blisters, warts on and around the genitals and crusting around the top portion of the penis.
- Swelling, pain, and burning sensation in the genitals.
- Itchiness and tingling feeling of the genitals.
Most STD symptoms disappear temporarily or change abruptly. This is not an indication that the STD has regressed. If the symptoms have changed, it will be more difficult for the physician to diagnose the STD. It would be wiser if the patient consults a physician earlier.
Treatment For STD In Males
The treatment for STD varies according to the type of STD. There are ailments that are simply incurable while there are those that can be remedied by natural home treatments. The scope of which ailments are curable or not using natural home remedies may not be well known as yet but there are ways to help alleviate the pain.
- For instance, the soothing effects of peppermint tea could actually help alleviate the pain caused by genital herpes and other forms of STDs.
- If the patient is suffering from STDs caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), it is a good idea to treat him/her using a tincture or paste made of comfrey or bloodroot. This is especially very useful in genital warts.
- Garlic is a common ingredient found in the kitchen. Well, it is also a very useful home remedy that can be used to help cure yeast infections caused by Candida albicans.
- Chlamydia and other STDs caused by bacteria may be treated using various herbs with antibacterial properties.
Home remedies for STDs can come in the form of tea, tincture, poultice, or capsule/tablet. The effectiveness of each method will depend on a lot of factors, including the proper procedure that should be done and the extent and spread of the ailment.