When a person is diagnosed with personality disorder, this basically means that he is suffering from a mental ailment that is characterized by patterns of emotional instability, rapidly shifting moods, and impulsive actions that can result in chaotic relationships. Personality disorder causes include a combination of social stressors, biological vulnerabilities, and how a person thinks. It has also been seen that one of the possible causes include heredity.
Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder or OCPD is a type of personality disorder wherein a person is known to experience having a pattern of distorted behaviors and thoughts.Individuals who show OCPD symptoms are prone to anxiety disorders and other illnesses related to mental health.
Symptoms Of Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
OCPD Symptoms In Children
- Arranges his toys and things in a particular manner.
- Makes it a point to clean his room every day.
- Sticks to the same bedtime ritual.
- Feels obliged to follow rules given to him.
- Pays particular attention to details to the point of listing down all the things that needs to get done.
- Sees to it that he works towards achieving a specific goal.
Symptoms Of OCPD In Adults
- Strives for perfection to the point that it obstructs the achievement of target tasks.
- Shows unnecessary concern with routines and organization.
- Extreme aversion to change.
- Inability to cope with change.
- Excessive prudence to the extent of depriving himself and the people around him with the basic necessities.
- Displays hoarding or the inability to dispose of petty and things even with no sentimental or economic value.
- Difficulty to adhere to what is considered morally right.
- Has difficulty in handling personal relationships and on matters concerning with emotions.
- Works excessively even at the expense of personal and social relationships and even if there is no sufficient financial rewards is given or even if he is not in dire need of money.
- Has difficulty working in teams or to associate with others as a group.