Question: What are the iron sources for 11 month old baby? His HB is 6.40 and Iron is 8.
A deficiency of haemoglobin results in a condition known as anemia.
Iron deficiency is the most common cause of anemia. But other possible causes are – a deficiency of vitamin B12 and folic acid.
Diet Remedy for Infant Low Hemoglobin:
- Increase the consumption of foods that are a good source of iron, vitamin B12, and folic acid. This is the first consideration.
- Green leafy vegetables are the best choice. They are packed with iron, folic acid, and are rich in fat soluble chlorophyll, which is very similar to haemoglobin.
- Brewer’s yeast is a wonderful source of iron.
- Step up the baby’s intake of raisins, almonds, beet, tomato, and carrot.
- Vitamin C when taken along with foods that are rich in iron is known to enhance the absorption of dietary iron. Foods rich in vitamin C are – lime, goose berries, orange, and sweet lime.
- Ferrum phos, a homoeopathic medicine works effectively on the baby’s constitution. It promotes the production of red blood cells and haemoglobin, improving cellular oxygenation.