This is a very serious condition when the mother’s blood may produce anti-bodies and reject the baby’s blood. And in subsequent pregnancies the reaction may become worse.
Causes Of Hemolytic Disease
- This condition is especially seen when the mother is Rhesus negative (Rh -ve), father is Rhesus positive and the expected child is Rhesus positive. Rhesus refers to a chemical on the Red Blood Cells.
- During such a situation when the baby’s blood comes in contact with the mothers blood during pregnancy. The mother may produce anti-bodies and reject the baby’s blood. This results in hemolysis (breakdown of cells). It is a very serious condition.
How do you treat Hemolytic Disease?
It is very important to know the mothers blood group even if she has suffered a miscarriage early in pregnancy. To prevent such reactions in the future certain injections can be given to Rhesus negative mothers. Consult your Doctor for details.
What Is Hemophilia Or Bleeders Disease?
When children with Bleeders disease meet with even small injuries they start to bleed. Internal bleeding into joints or soft tissues may also occur.
Causes Of Hemophilia In Children
- Besides platelets there are a group of chemicals that interact with each other to clot blood. These are known as clotting factors. Absence of any one of clotting factors leads to a tendency of bruising and bleeding.
- Deficiency of Factor eight (which helps blood to coagulate) may also lead to hemophilia.
- If this particular trait is present on one of the sex chromosomes then sons of a female carrier maybe affected.
How can you treat hemophilia?
- Luckily Factor Eight is available to administer to sufferers.
- Parents should teach their affected children to avoid accidents that may cause bruising and bleeding.