Antrochoanal Polyps In Children Treatment, Symptoms
- Antrochoanal polyps are non cancerous growth arising from the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinus, and reach the opening of the sinus in the nasal cavity.
- The main symptom of antrochoanal polyp in children is nasal obstruction
- They are unilateral that is they occur in one of the maxillary sinuses
- Generally found in younger patients
- Diagnosis can be made with the aid of nasal endoscopy, MRI or CT scan.
- Maxillary sinusitis can occur after an episode of cold.
- Entry of infected water during swimming can cause maxillary sinusitis if the person is suffering from antrochoanal polyps
Generally adults are more prone for nasal polyp, but children can also suffer from them.Cystic fibrosis should be ruled out from children suffering from nasal polyps.
Nasal Polyps Treatment
Treatment options for nasal polyps:
- Homeopathy medicines have shown good results in curing nasal polyps
- Sangunaria and pulsatilla are some of the preferred remedies for treating nasal polyps. It should be taken under the guidance of a trained homeopath
- Grate 100 gms of horseradish and add 50 gms of honey. Stir the mixture till it forms a paste. take 1 teaspoon of the mixture in the morning and in the night. Take it regularly for a fortnight and you will see the polyp shrinking in size.
- Freshly prepared garlic juice helps in infected discharge resulting from sinusitis. It acts as a natural antibiotic