Torn Tendon in Foot
A tendon is a fibrous tissue that connects a bone and a muscle. A rupture or a tear of a tendon in the foot is a common foot injury. Below are mentioned the symptoms and management plan for the condition.
Torn Tendon in Foot Symptoms
- Pain is the primary symptom. Pain depends on the severity of the injury.
- Movement / mobility get considerably restricted.
- Stiffness in the area is an associated feature.
- Swelling is an important symptom. Fluid from the joint starts accumulating, leading to swelling.
- Bruising and redness occurs.
- There is some weakness in the area.
- You may find it painful to stand.
Torn Tendon in Foot Treatment
Rest and immobilization of the affected part, ice therapy and pain killers help reduce the intensity of the symptoms. Along side, physiotherapy and massage therapy help hasten sure.
How to Treat a Torn Tendon in Foot
- Take adequate rest and keep the foot immobile. Do not exert any pressure on it.
The doctor will help you support the foot better.
- A hot compress helps relieve the pain and discomfort, soothes the area and is usually the first line of treatment.
- While sitting / sleeping always elevate the. This reduces the inflammation and swelling and hastens cure.
- Ice application helps in quick management of the condition. Ice alleviates the inflammation rapidly. Apply the ice for 15 minutes, at least 5 times a day.