How can I bring the swelling down in a sprained ankle?
Ankle Sprain Cure
Sprain can result from a trauma to the ankle joint. It can be due to a fall or a faulty foot wears apart from many other causes.
Some of the home remedies to treat sprained ankle are:
- First and the foremost thing to do when there is a sprain is to immobilize the foot. Sit with your leg on elevated higher to your body.
- Cold water compresses are helpful in reducing the swelling associated with ankle sprain.
- Apply ice pack on your foot or immerse your foot in cold water.
- Gentle massage with coconut oil and garlic oil reduces the pain as well as swelling.
- Cut onions to pieces and wrap them on the affected part to give relief in pain and swelling.
- Camphor oil and sunflower oil when applied to the sprained area reduces swelling.
- Avoid giving pressure to the affected foot for few days as this may damage or strain the torn ligaments.
- Homeopathic remedy such as arnica, rhus tox, hypericum, ruta are helpful in treating the sprained ankle.