Many people have encountered a swollen knee. Most often, a swollen knee is referred to as ‘œwater on the knee,’ probably because it is how one feels. There can be so many causes of a swollen knee that sometimes determining the exact cause is difficult.
- Swelling can be found on the knee itself or it could also be within the periphery.
- It can also be acute or persistent.
- Although the most common cause would be a knee injury, some cases developed gradually.
- The swollen knee treatment totally depends on what really is causing the problem.
Causes for a Bruised Knee
The knee joint is enclosed by a capsule that forms the joint space. Normally, it contains lubricating fluid just an enough amount to make the movement of the knee easy. There are conditions that cause the accumulation of fluid in the knee joint causing the knee to swell and difficulty in moving.
Generally, someone who has a swollen knee could have fluid within the knee or along the nearby tissue. The fluid can even be felt on the kneecap. Therefore, the first step towards treatment is to find out where the fluid is accumulated.
Homeopathy for Swollen Knee Remedy
Swollen knee can be uncomfortable and irritating since one cannot move freely. If the swelling and soreness are so intense that lasts more than 48 hours, then it is best to get the help of a doctor.
Below are some homeopathic ingredients that are safe and great for swollen joints, and hence excellent remedies for knee pain.
- Ingredients like Matricaria recutita and Magnesium phosphporicum gives a soothing effect on muscles and joints because of its anti-inflammatory property.
- Arnica is known to help the fast healing of cartilage, bones, and connective tissues.
- Dulcamara are great for arthritis for the treatment of inflammation.
- Berberis and Bryonia are helpful ingredients for inflamed joints.
- Rhus tox is an ingredient that does not only relieve stiffness and pain but also heals fibrous tissue, tendons, joints, and sheaths.
Home Remedies for Bruised Knee Treatment
- Applying cold compress on the knee to reduce swelling for twenty minutes preferably repeated in two to four hour interval. The knee should be elevated during the process.
- Exercising regularly will greatly improve the muscle tone. Choose a routine that are not too strenuous. Massage for knee pain is also useful.
- Overweight people tend to suffer swollen knees more because of the pressure exerted on the knees and joints.
- Most importantly, the swollen knee should be taken care of carefully, to relax it, and not to put on too much weight on it.